This regulator will be based on the controller project and share a lot of the code, but will not include any of the Engine control functions. Key features of this stand-alone regulator are:
- Active management of Alternator for both Volts and Amps (Watts)
- Ability to use Amps as a way to judge when a battery is fully charged, as opposed to pre-defined time value (this is the key feature)
- Paralleling ability for coordination between two regulators in a twin-engine setup (ala, marine use)
- DIP switches to be used to select a series of pre-configured charging profiles.
- Fully support of P or N type alternators from 12v to 48v
It also includes a Bluetooth module, for future communication to computers, phones, etc. for status updates as well as finer control of the configuration.
As always, it is fully programmable via a Service connector, and posted in the Public Domain.
One major change I am excited about is the Field driver - I located a self-powered Boost driver (LT1910) that looks like it will allow for a fully configurable P or N type alternator support from 12v to 48v without any hardware changes. Will be going to FAB in a few weeks, if anyone is interested in this let me know.