Here is a summary of the changes:
- Corrected fatal coding error in withdrawn release v0.1.5 - manage_alt(); (Uninitialized variable: enteredMills)
- Corrected ASCII error in CPE; string, not reporting float_to_float values correctly.
- Improved feature_in() handling to retain last know state while checking for debouncing.
- Much improved Tach mode code
- Setting tach PWM via $CST: command will become effective immediately, even during engine warm-up hold off period.
- Tach mode will hold min PWM during transition into Float, allowing tach to continue to run when initially entering float mode.
- Reduced MAX_TACH_PWM from 100 to 75, to better protect battery from too high a PWM floor.
- Added new Amp-Ah based exit criteria for Float and Post-float
- Added Alternator state: FORCED_FLOAT mode - enabled by feature-in port with CPE#8 for use with external BMS system
- AST; modes mode numbers updated to include new alternator mode FORCED_FLOAT
- Changed SST; status to include version number as opposed to compile date/time.
- Increased NTC usable temperature range, now reporting -54f to 300f
- Shortened engine warm-up hold off period from 60 seconds to 30 seconds
- Dash lamp now illuminated during engine warm-up hold off period, to emulate typical 'lamp test' behavior during startup
And I am glad to report the PID tuning worked spot-on with his system! No changes needed at all! I can see where perhaps adding in a little 'I' might tighten regulation up some, but as is the system held target voltage with 25mV of the goal during trial runs.
Please make sure to download both the new documentation as well as the source and note the few changes in status strings (SST and AST).
Thank you again A-P, and happy sailing this summer!